Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your stay :]

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thank you, Sharon Creech

Beth Revis is having a huge contest. To enter, you must share the book you are most grateful for.

Actually, it's hard to narrow it down. There are a couple that I count as my favorites, that I can read again and again and again and still love like the first time. Among these are A Ring of Endless Light, Bridge to Terabithia, the Wanderer, and Daphne's Book. But, right now, I would have to say I'm most grateful for Walk Two Moons.

Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech, is one of my long time favorites. I love the voice. I love the grandparents, and the lunatic, the blackberry kisses, and the story within a story. (I love Ben.) But most of all, I love what it means. It's about people being more complicated then you first take them for - about walking two moons in someone else's moccasins before you make your judgements about them. It's also about loss. How we deal with it. That even though it hurts, it can be okay.

Walk Two Moons has meant a lot to me ever since I first read it. So, thank you, Sharon Creech. Thank you for this book.

With love,

Gabi



Would you like to be a part of this? See here for the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment