Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your stay :]

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A big, shinny, beautiful GOAL!

Image DetailYou guys, you guys, I made a goal!

I don't think I've ever actually done this before. Not even when I was forced to take PE in high school and we played soccer, or hockey, or lacrosse, or any other scary, sweaty sport. But this is not a goal goal; I'm not putting any balls in any hoops or nets. This is a writing goal.

And it's big, and shinny, and beautiful! All things I like. I could just sit here and coo and smile at it, talking baby-nonsense. Oh, what a pretty goal you are! Yes, you are!

So here's my gaol: In 2012, I am going to finish the first draft of my sleeping beauty retelling.

This is scarier then it sounds, because I have almost no time. That's what it feels like, anyway. Darn school. Last semester was my most unproductive writing-wise, ever.

My goal is to write a minimum of 60,000 words. 60,000 is actually a low estimate, but it divides nicely into 5,000 words a month. Doesn't that seem reachable? It does.
Do you have any goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment