Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your stay :]

Friday, December 23, 2011

Making Progress

It's no secret that I love books. The problem is, I tend to not like the movies books are turned into.

Take Ella Enchanted for example. It was my FAVORITE book in third or fourth grade. I actually got grounded from it once, because I'd read it four times in a row and my mom wanted me to read something else.

They make a movie. I watch it. I then vow never to watch it again.

They ruined the story! The part that makes me the most angry is when Ella is captured by the ogres. I loved the scene in the book where she stops the ogres from eating her by mimicking their persuasive voices. The movie has her dangling above a cauldron, waiting to be saved by the prince. Arg!

However, I would be remiss not to mention movie adaptions I do like. I love the movie adaptions of Because of Winn-Dixie and Flicka. (Yeah, I know. Flicka doesn't follow the book at all. But when there are horses, I am willing to make exceptions.)

So I kind of have a love-hate relationship with books-turned-movies. A lot of YA books are being made into movies right now. One you may have heard of? The Hunger Games?

I loved the Hunger Games. I heard about it when the book first came out, but I thought I'd wait for the paperback to come out before I bought it. I bought the last two in hardcover, because there was no way I was waiting for them to become paperbacks!

I alternate between being really excited for the movie and being really scared. I don't want it to turn into another Ella Enchanted. I have such a clear picture in my head of how the books play out, and I don't want a movie to mess with that.

But tonight, I did it. I watched the trailer. And you know what?

It wasn't bad.

I just hope the movie doesn't disappoint. It has some big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment